- Fragrance description
- About the brand
Fragrance description Givenchy L’InterditIngredients
When darkness encounters the light... The Givenchy L’Interdit Eau de Toilette will lead you to the very edge of what is forbidden. The composition of the fragrance is full of contrasts, excitement and femininity that will awaken all of your senses.
Let your true self come to the forefront and discover what lies beyond.
- a floral, woody and musky fragrance
- launched in 2019
- with the unconventional scent of poppy
Composition of the fragrance
The composition of the fragrance begins with orange blossom. It then opens out into tuberose and poppy. The base notes of the fragrance, which last the longest on the skin, are marked by patchouli, vetiver and captivating musk.
Story of the fragrance
Givenchy L’Interdit was launched in 2019. The perfumers Dominique Ropion, Fanny Bal and Anne Flipo are responsible for the sophisticated composition of the fragrance.
- Top notesTop notes - They develop straight after you put the fragrance on. They create the first impression and tend to be quite intense, but not long-lasting.
- Orange Blossom
- Middle notesMiddle notes - The heart of the fragrance comes out after a couple of minutes when the head of the scent fades away. These notes usually last around 2 to 3 hours.
- Poppy, Tuberose
- Base notesBase notes - The last and often longest part of the fragrance's evolution on your skin. Takes anywhere from 4 hours to over a day.
- Vetiver, Patchouli, Musk
- Fragrance category
- woody, musk
About the brand Givenchy
Luxury fashion pieces, high-quality cosmetics and gorgeous perfumes. That is Givenchy, the French brand that has been paying tribute to fashion and beauty for over 60 years, with irreverence inviting all women and men to reinvent themselves.
The story of Givenchy brand began in Paris in 1952 when Hubert de Givenchy founded a Fashion House bearing his name. In 1953, the encounter between the designer Hubert de Givenchy and Audrey Hepburn marked the beginning of the brand’s close relationship with cinema. She became his muse, and he designed costumes for her films and honed her style.
In 1957, Givenchy launched L’Interdit, a fragrance which had been originally designed for the actress. This is how the Parfums Givenchy company was born. Other memorable fragrances followed and in 1989, Givenchy branched out to cosmetics.
Besides the iconic Givenchy L’Interdit that also lived to see a new, more modern floral version, other widely popular Givenchy fragrances were launched such as Givenchy Irresistible and Gentleman Givenchy.
Givenchy perfumes are timeless and let the wearer’s personality shine through, creating a unique olfactory signature that will make you unforgettable.