- Fragrance description
- About the brand
Fragrance description GUERLAIN Shalimar Souffle de ParfumIngredients
Let your senses succumb to the first modern oriental fragrance created in 1925 by J. Guerlain. The iconic Guerlain Shalimar Souffle De Parfum Eau de Parfum for women is built on a mixture of jasmine, vanilla and white musk to bring you the story of true love that inspired its creator.
- floral fragrance with oriental elements
- for women who love timeless classic
- perfect for any occasion
Composition of the fragrance
The opening notes come as a trio of citrus fruits including lemon, bergamot and tangerine. The refreshing start then mixes with the tender duo of aromatic jasmine and orange blossom characterised by a honeyed undertone, a result of a long and rare method of extraction. The final notes include the sweet aroma of Tahitian and Indian vanilla, forming a perfect harmony with the earthy scent of white musk.
Story of the fragrance
The fragrance was inspired by an ancient love story. Four centuries ago, Indian emperor Shah Jahan fell hopelessly in love with the stunning princess Mumtaz Mahal and built her the Taj Mahal palace along with the Shalimar gardens as a proof of his love.
This story then inspired J. Guerlain to create the first modern oriental fragrance, Guerlain Shalimar, in 1925. It’s been a favourite with women ever since.
- Top notesTop notes - They develop straight after you put the fragrance on. They create the first impression and tend to be quite intense, but not long-lasting.
- Lemon, Bergamot, Tangerine
- Middle notesMiddle notes - The heart of the fragrance comes out after a couple of minutes when the head of the scent fades away. These notes usually last around 2 to 3 hours.
- Orange Blossom, Jasmine Sambac
- Base notesBase notes - The last and often longest part of the fragrance's evolution on your skin. Takes anywhere from 4 hours to over a day.
- Patchouli, White Musk, Vanilla
- Fragrance category
- oriental, floral
About the brand GUERLAIN
Timeless know-how, incessant scientific research, innovation and improvement, daring designers, legendary creations and a culture of beauty as a symbol of the brand. The history of the luxury perfume house of Guerlain goes all the way back to 1828.
From the very beginning, Guerlain has been manufacturing perfumes and cosmetics in France. The production combines craftsmanship, top technologies and both environmental and social responsibility. Day by day, Guerlain teams are developing luxury yet sustainable cosmetics – to help preserve the beauty of their customers, our nature and planet. Their priceless know-how has won Guerlain the accolade of “Living Heritage Company” awarded by the French Ministry of Economy and Finance.
Guerlain has produced 1100 fragrances over the course of 190 years. The fifth generation of Guerlain perfumers is represented by Thierry Wasser who travels the world finding the rarest natural raw materials for his luxury perfumes – always with respect to the local population and nature.
Explore the wide range of Guerlain products – from fragrances like Mon Guerlain, L’Homme Idéal and Aqua Allegoria to L’Essentiel Foundation, Terracotta bronzing powder or the iconic Météorites powder pearls.