- Fragrance description
- About the brand
Fragrance description Kenzo HommeIngredients
Experience the strength of the elements at first hand. The timeless Kenzo Homme Eau de Toilette comes from the depths of the sea. Surround yourself with an elegant, aquatic fragrance that is a classic, but will always stand out from the others.
- a fresh, aromatic fragrance
- a fragrance for men who long for never-ending freedom
- perfect for the spring and summer months
Composition of the fragrance
The Kenzo Homme Eau de Toilette is filled with remarkable contrasts that your senses will enjoy to the full. In the opening of the fragrance, you will instantly be surprised by aromatic sage, mahogany, refreshing citrus and sea notes. The middle notes consist of floral essences which are unexpectedly complemented by juniper berries, cumin and nutmeg. The warm, masculine base mainly features woody accords in combination with oakmoss, musk and sensual amber.
Story of the fragrance
The original shape of the Kenzo Homme flacon resembles wind-bent bamboo, the dark blue colour symbolising the freshness of sea water. The fragrance was launched in 1991 and created by the perfumer Christian Mathieu, who was inspired by the world and distant horizons.
- Top notesTop notes - They develop straight after you put the fragrance on. They create the first impression and tend to be quite intense, but not long-lasting.
- Lemon, Mahogany, Bergamot, Sage, Sea Notes
- Middle notesMiddle notes - The heart of the fragrance comes out after a couple of minutes when the head of the scent fades away. These notes usually last around 2 to 3 hours.
- Iris Root, Nutmeg, Juniper Berries, Jasmine, Cumin, Carnation, Peach, Lily Of The Valley, Pine, Rose
- Base notesBase notes - The last and often longest part of the fragrance's evolution on your skin. Takes anywhere from 4 hours to over a day.
- Vetiver, Cedar, Fir, Labdanum, Sandalwood, Amber, Musk, Oakmoss
- Fragrance category
- aromatic, aquatic
About the brand Kenzo
The French fashion house of Kenzo draws inspiration from the best of both the traditional Asian style and European luxury fashion. This prestigious brand was created by Japanese designer Kenzo Takada in the early 70s. He fell in love with fashion thanks to his sisters’ magazines and moved from Tokyo to Paris, where he soon became famous through his daring designs and spectacular shows.
The first Kenzo perfume was introduced in 1988 and just like the following Kenzo fragrances, it reflects a certain exotic flair, which became the designer’s signature. Kenzo fragrances for women and men are famous for their unusual combinations of aromatic notes, making them a firm favourite with many customers. Perfumes like Kenzo Flower Eau de Parfum or the intense and rich Jungle L’Élephant have become iconic.
Kenzo remains one of the brands that set the tone for high fashion. The company takes part in various creative projects, works with young artists and continually draws inspiration from the colourful world around us.